The Friends have devised walking trails around the University campuses. These may be available to local groups. Please contact thefriends (usual at sign) reading.ac.uk for further information. Our Whiteknights Heritage Leaflets are available at:
Details of a talk by Professor Peter Dorwood about ‘Climate Services for Developing Countries: the work of the University’s Participatory Integrated Climate Services for Agriculture’ on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 November 2019 will have been sent to members. Please book.
Photo from University of Reading website
Some Past Events
- Dr Jaqui Turner of the History Department, who recently advised the Suffrage exhibition in Parliament, will speak on early female MPs alongside a recreation of her Nancy Astor exhibit informed by the University’s extensive Astor archive. Venue Palmer Building. Please book for the accompanying tea which starts at 3pm.
- watch the afternoon Head of the River Races on Saturday 9 March from the Canoe Club, The Warren, Caversham, Reading RG4 7TF, and to take tea there afterwards (parking along The Warren). Could those wishing to come please let Brenda Morris know by Friday 1 March (Brenda@morrisandfamily.co.uk)? Members are asked to arrive at the Club about 2 pm with the first race starting at 2.30 pm.
- Human rights, global wrongs: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70 Professor Rosa Freedman. Please book to attend at: https://www.reading.ac.uk/publiclectures/
- A talk by Richard van Emden.
- Visit to Bermondsey and Rotherhithe 20 October 2018
- The Friends are liaising with the Senior Common Room, The University Women’s Club, Two Rivers Press and local charity RG Spaces to open up the Acacias and tell the story of Professor Edith Morley and the London Rd campus in her day. The event will run 8/9 and 16/16 September 12noon-6pm. It forms part of the national Heritage Open Days and Vote100 Reading. Members of the Friends are invited to volunteer to man the exhibition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The visit will start at 2.30. Further details and a booing form will be sent to members in May.
- Alumni and Supporters of the University are invited to this family fun day. Click the title for further particular and booking details.
- Once again The Friends will be taking part in this annual event on Palmer Park. Details nearer the time.
- Details of the AGM and visit are sent to members during May.