The Friends have devised walking trails around the University campuses. These may be available to local groups. Please contact thefriends (usual at sign) reading.ac.uk for further information.
The Annual General Meeting will start with a talk by Professor Shirley Reynolds and Dr Faith Orchard of the Charlie Waller Institute about the Institute and its work relating to mental health in young people. It will be held in Room G09, Allen Building, at 2.30 pm, with tea in the Meadow Suite from 4.00 pm followed by the Annual General Meeting at 5.00 pm.
Full details and a booking form will be sent round nearer the time.
Professor Michael Fulford has invited Friends to return to Silchester to be shown round further excavations of the Roman Baths. Please book.
Friends member Jenny Halstead and Linda Saul invite Friends to attend for a talk and a viewing of an exhibition by 20 artists in the Turbine House, Blakes Lock (beside Bel and the Dragon). No booking necessary.
We will be continuing our series of Heritage Days with our guided tour around the historic London Road campus. Open to all. Booking essential Further information on the Heritage Open Days website
Our coach trips are extremely popular and a new venue will be chosen for 2019. Members will be sent details nearer the time. (Photo: Wikimedia)
Some Past Events
- Alumni and Supporters of the University are invited to this family fun day. Click the title for further particular and booking details.
- Once again The Friends will be taking part in this annual event on Palmer Park. Details nearer the time.
- Details of the AGM and visit are sent to members during May.
- Information nearer the event.
- A Friends’ grant is supporting this lively and friendly occasion. Bring a picnic to the London Road campus or buy your refreshments on the day. A range of activities based on the theme of ‘Everyone’s environment’, music from the Big Band and a heritage trail from The Friends.
- Members of The Friends are cordially invited to the launch of this installation of sculptures. Please click the title to see details.
- Members Dr John Grainger and Ian Burn will give a talk on the heritage trails created for The Friends’ 90th anniversary celebrations in 2017. There will be an accompanying exhibition and tea. Full details and booking form have been sent to members.
- University Orchestra Concert 10 March 2018
- The Reading 2050 project is holding open lectures to which members of the Friends are very welcome.
- THE RUBC HAS HAD TO CANCEL THIS EVENT DUE TO WEATHER & RIVER CONDITIONS