The Friends gave a grant to help the restoration of this mural in the Miller Building.
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptHuman rights, global wrongs: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70 Professor Rosa Freedman. Please book to attend at: https://www.reading.ac.uk/publiclectures/
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptDr Jaqui Turner of the History Department, who recently advised the Suffrage exhibition in Parliament, will speak on early female MPs alongside a recreation of her Nancy Astor exhibit informed by the University's extensive archive.
- img_thumbnailexcerptThis trail will cover the gate lodges before moving on to describe the background to the Temporary Office Buildings, the Citadel and more recent development of the Earley Gate by the University (Agriculture, Psychology etc), and ending at the site of the Victorian house, Erlegh Park, and the nearby ice house. (Photo from University Special Collections) Please return to this page in nearer the time for more details and booking information.
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptMembers of The Friends have once again contributed generously to this popular event. Bring a picnic to the lovely London Rd campus, be entertained by the student band and dancers or help out at our stall. All welcome and an excellent family day out.
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptThe Annual General Meeting takes place in June/July and includes a visit to a University department. Further details will be available in the New Year and circulated to members.
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptOnce again we will have a stall at this popular local event on Palmer Park. Members who would like to volunteer to help out would be most welcome.
- img_thumbnailexcerptWe will be continuing our series of Heritage Days with our trail around the historic London Road campus. Members who would like to volunteer as helpers would be most welcome.
- post_titleimg_thumbnailexcerptOur coach trips are extremely popular and a new venue will be chosen for 2019. Members will be sent details nearer the time. (Photo: Wikimedia)